wilbanker
I assembled and have reassembled my front tire several times now and I can't get the brake to stop rubbing as I ride.  Anyone have a tip/trick to get that bake disc in the middle and not rub?
Quote 1 0
5S Dude
Hi wilbanker,

I have had the same issue and asked my local bike shop how to eliminate the rotor rub. You gently place your bike upside down with it resting on the seat and handle bars. Loosen the two 5mm hex head bolts from the caliper mounts. You'll notice the holes in the caliper are slotted or elongated. This design is to allow you to adjust the centerline of the brake pads to your rotor.  

Front Caliper.jpg  Once you have the pads centered on either side of your brake rotor, snug the two Hex Head bolts and spin the tire. If you eliminate the rub, tighten the bolt. You may apply blue Loctite as well.
  I hope this helps get you back riding...
Quote 0 0
wilbanker
Thanks, but unfortunately mine isn't a constant rub, but rather appears to be just one spot of the rotor that rubs.  I'm worried that I was sent a bent rotor.  I'll keep playing with it....perhaps just need to bend it if I can in that spot.
Quote 0 0
5S Dude
See if the bike shop can replace your bent rotor under warranty before trying to bend it back true... Hoping for the best! 
Quote 0 0
Rex
caliper adjustment.jpg 

By releasing these 2 bolts, you'll be able to make some fine-tuning on caliper position. New bikes sometimes will have some rubbing sports because the pads and disc are not break-in.  You can try to ride to 20-25mph and pull full front brake to accelerate the break-in process. It's quite similar as a car brake.
Pay attention: Always do this in a safe and legal place.  And remember apply at least 30% rear brake force at the same time when you use the front brake on any bike.
Quote 0 0
EZWyatt
My front brakes squeal loudly and my back brakes a little less. I would like to scuff up the pads and see if that eliminates the squeal. Can someone post how to remove the pads so I can rub them with sand paper. Thanks.
Quote 0 0